SHOEI NEOTEC – FLIP UP HELMET w integrated sunvisor.
Tomorrow’s post will include the new Arai helmet to be released.
Info from Competition Accessories BLOG
Leslie wears Shoei helmets and Cheryl wears Arai…this looks pretty interesting.
The New Shoei Neotec Helmet has just been released in Europe. The Shoei Neotec is not officially announced for US sale yet, but we think it will be available in early 2012. As with all modular helmets the Neotec will be a DOT certified helmet and come with some great upgrades over the multitec it is replacing. Considering the the upgrades we expect the Shoei Neotec to come in slightly above the multitec in pricing. We will have a complete Shoei Neotec Helmet review to be coming soon and we will do an indepth comparison of the Shoei Neotec vs. Shoei Multitec once we have them in our hands.
- New Internal Sun visor with no sacrifice in safety
- 270% improved ventilation compared to the Multitec
- 100% stainless steel Micro Ratched System ( replaces d-ring )
- AIM 5-ply shock absorbent fiber shell
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- New Fully Removable interior ( multitec was not )
- New optimized vent design for the Neotec Helmet
- Smart Flip Chin bar, that shuts flush and is easy opening
- 3 different size shells
- 3 D comfort liner provides a better fit vs. the multitec
- Ear pads to reduce the internal noise
- Includes a breath guard and a chin curtain
- Integrated spoiler
- Integrated “Vortex Generator” provides active noise cancelling
Check out the Shoei Neotec Helmet video from Shoei below!
Because we like this bike we are posting it here. We used to own a Honda CBF1000 and for a street bike the Honda was such a great bike to ride. Although we do not have a bottomless budget, if we did we would probably own this bike as part of our collection. Would be nice to be able to own at least one bike in each class wouldn’t it?
2012 BMW F 800 R | Preview
Info from Ultimate Motorcycling
2012 BMW Motorcycles
When the BMW F 800 R debuted in 2009, it expanded on the Bavarian motorcycle manufacturer’s popular parallel twin line. This smaller BMW roadster provided riders with agility, sporty performance and impressive fuel mileage (about 55 mpg).
Already a proven success, BMW returns for 2012 with the BMW F800R with the same chassis/engine as previous models, but a visual makeover.
Speaking of this makeover, BMW says “even more than before, the sporty flair and agility of the BMW F 800 R is now reflected in its highly dynamic design. The front side trim sections have been redesigned.
“They also serve as radiator covers and are now finished in body color, as are the front mudguards. What is more, the spring of the rear spring strut is finished in red to highlight the sporty character of this naked bike. The Sport windshield finished in body color and the white direction indicators are now part of the standard equipment of the new F800 R.”
The 798cc, liquid-cooled, four-valve parallel twin features a “spontaneous” response and produces 87 horsepower at 8,000 rpm, and 63 ft. lbs. of torque at 6,000 rpm. The motor features 12:1 compression ratio, and six-speed transmission.
The BMW F800R features an aluminum frame and dual swing arm and a 59.8-inch wheelbase, and carries a ready-to-ride weight of 437 pounds.
Stopping the 2012 BMW F 800 R dual 320mm Brembo discs up front squeezed by four-piston calipers, with a single 265mm disc out back.
Following are the highlights and color options for the 2012 BMW F 800 R. As of this writing, the MSRP has not been reported.
2012 BMW F800R Highlights:
- New: Newly designed front side trim sections in body color.
- New: Front mudguards in body color.
- New: Spring of rear spring strut finished in red.
- New: Sport windshield in body color (now as standard).
- New: White direction indicators (now as standard).
- Compact, sporty naked bike with high level of riding dynamics and agility.
- Liquid-cooled parallel twin with a capacity of 798 cc, 4-valve technology, DOHC cam follower valve drive and unique mass balancing.
- Output 64 kW/87 bhp at 8000 rpm, torque 86 Nm at 6000 rpm.
- Excellent pulling power for maximum riding fun on country roads.
- Manifold injection with electronic engine control.
- Torsionally stiff aluminum frame and dual swing arm.
- Dry weight/road-ready weight: 389/437 lbs..
- Fuel tank positioned under seat for optimum center of gravity.
- High-performance Brembo brake system, optionally with BMW Motorrad ABS.
2012 BMW F800R Color Options/MSRP:
- Alpine white/Black satin gloss
- Magma red/ White aluminum metallic matt
- Mineral silver metallic