Neither one of us have ever used a DS helmet mainly because we are on the highways for work. We always thought that the beak would catch too much wind and make for an uncomfortable commute and/or ride on pavement for long stretches.
Any thoughts from those out there that wear this type of helmet?
This helmet is also being called the XD4 but on the Arai web page it is called the Tour X4. Not sure which is correct.
The XD-3 has been the benchmark helmet for dual sport riding since its release. The Arai XD4 Helmet moves that benchmark 1 step up with the next evolution adventure helmets. All the details have yet to be released, but there are several upgrades and changes!
- New comfort headliner, with micro fitting 5mm peel away temple pads.
- Fully removable/replaceable/washable interior: Comfort head liner, Cheek pads, Chinstrap covers.
- Dry-Cool technology keeps you dry and cool for greater comfort.
- Patent pending, New FCS (Facial Contour Support) cheek pad design, also with a 5mm peel away micro fit feature.
- New shell shape for better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds.
- New exhaust ports added to the top diffuser vents.
- New chin vent with more intake ports.
- Visor brow vents on the new visor.
We will have a Arai XD4 Helmet review as soon as we can get one in stock!