Video at the end of the post. Any thoughts on modular helmets? I like this new Neotec as I wear Shoei and the sun visor is a nice addition.
Modular design: 360-degree Pivot Locking System employs stainless steel jaws that wrap around stainless steel pegs, securing the EPS-lined chinbar in the down position. Large, front-of-helmet release button is easy to manipulate while wearing riding gloves. Smooth, single-handed up/down action.
CNS-1 shield: Noticeably wider and taller than the previous CX-1V of the still-available Multitec, this injection-molded faceshield provides a broad, clear field of vision. Changing shields is a snap with the new Neotec-exclusive QR-N baseplate. Included anti-fog Pinlock insert is likewise easy to install and effective, but, technically, is illegal for night use because it does not meet VESC-8 light-transmission standards.
Ventilation: Large shutter-type lower chin vent is effective and can be opened or closed while wearing even thick gloves. Same goes for upper intake (three positions) and exhaust vents. Deep channels molded into dual-layer EPS liner move cooling air through the helmet.
SHOEI NEOTEC – FLIP UP HELMET w integrated sunvisor.
Tomorrow’s post will include the new Arai helmet to be released.
Info from Competition Accessories BLOG
Leslie wears Shoei helmets and Cheryl wears Arai…this looks pretty interesting.
The New Shoei Neotec Helmet has just been released in Europe. The Shoei Neotec is not officially announced for US sale yet, but we think it will be available in early 2012. As with all modular helmets the Neotec will be a DOT certified helmet and come with some great upgrades over the multitec it is replacing. Considering the the upgrades we expect the Shoei Neotec to come in slightly above the multitec in pricing. We will have a complete Shoei Neotec Helmet review to be coming soon and we will do an indepth comparison of the Shoei Neotec vs. Shoei Multitec once we have them in our hands.
- New Internal Sun visor with no sacrifice in safety
- 270% improved ventilation compared to the Multitec
- 100% stainless steel Micro Ratched System ( replaces d-ring )
- AIM 5-ply shock absorbent fiber shell
- Multi-Density EPS liner
- New Fully Removable interior ( multitec was not )
- New optimized vent design for the Neotec Helmet
- Smart Flip Chin bar, that shuts flush and is easy opening
- 3 different size shells
- 3 D comfort liner provides a better fit vs. the multitec
- Ear pads to reduce the internal noise
- Includes a breath guard and a chin curtain
- Integrated spoiler
- Integrated “Vortex Generator” provides active noise cancelling
Check out the Shoei Neotec Helmet video from Shoei below!